What is "Open Language"?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Oct 29 11:14:55 EDT 2015

Mark Waddingham wrote:

> On 2015-10-29 02:04, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>> And you may have noticed the great job Peter Brett has been doing here
>> and elsewhere as the main community support leader within the company.
>> He's one of their newer hires, having been brought on board just a
>> little over a year ago, but he was hired not only for his Linux
>> expertise but also his deep understanding of and passion for open
>> source process.
>
> Just to correct you here as your statement is actually a huge disservice
> to Peter and the skills and knowledge he has.

Certainly not my intention.  I said only very positive things about
Peter, and the ones I noted reflect my own personal experience with him
in my volunteer role.  I'm sure like everyone he has many fine traits
beyond the ones I've come to appreciate.  I ventured the description I
did because it was nearly verbatim how Kevin introduced Peter to me,
which has proven more than true in my associations with him.

Each of us has dimensions to our skills and personalities that go beyond
what any single person they interact with can fully appreciate.  Frankly
it's difficult to see how taking the time to write even an incomplete
list of the many excellent traits Dr. Brett brings to the table is
necessarily a "huge disservice".

Your additional background here is also good to know:

--
  Richard Gaskin
  LiveCode Community Manager
  richard at livecode.org