What is "Open Language"?

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Mon Oct 26 18:27:20 EDT 2015

> On 27 Oct 2015, at 6:08 am, Mark Waddingham <mark at livecode.com> wrote:
>
>> repeat for each line L in someText with index i
>> apply myFunction to X until the value converges
>> apply (+1) to every item of myList where it mod 2 = 1
>> ...and many, many more.
>
> No - widgets is not what it has turned into. Widgets are entirely orthogonal - they about extending the controls you can use in LiveCode, not the syntax (after all having lots of nice syntax is great, but if you don't have the things you can instruct to do things with it, then it perhaps isn't very useful).

You seem to have answered all the questions apart from the control structure ones.

As far as gentle goes the good news is I’ve managed to find the control structures in grammar.g… The bad news is I loose the trail once I get to types.g…

It’s all very interesting… a compiler for a language for making compilers that is compiling a language that is a compiler…

Cheers

Monte