What is "Open Language"?

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Mon Oct 26 14:38:25 EDT 2015

On 2015-10-26 19:30, Richmond wrote:
> Um: my endless thousands of numToChar statements in my Devawriter Pro
> will have to
> be rewritten should I decide to move my code-base from LC 4.5 to LC
> 7.* or higher.

I'm not sure that is necessarily true. I believe you use 'unicodeText'
in your code-base, and numToChar() when 'useUnicode' is true. This
combination of things should work as it did before and will continue to
do so (if it doesn't then let me know and we'll take a look to advise -
as it could be there is a bug lurking there).

However, if you want to take advantage of the 'transparent' Unicodeness
of 7+, then you will need to change the uses of 'unicodeText' to 'text'
and 'numToChar' to 'numToCodepoint'.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps