What is "Open Language"?

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 16:07:22 EDT 2015

The Wayback Machine never forgets:
http://web.archive.org/web/20130301041400/http://blog.runrev.com/blog/bid/265511/Open-Language
(takes
some time to load)

This is the main thing I have been looking forward to for the past several
years. The goal was to allow the addition of truly new syntax and
functionality to the language. I really wanted this, and widgets is what it
has turned into. Not that widgets aren't a good thing, but I'd really like
to be able to use:

repeat for each line L in someText with index i

apply myFunction to X until the value converges

apply (+1) to every item of myList where it mod 2 = 1

...and many, many more.