Building a standalone fails under LC6.7.8rc1 and LC6.7.7, but is fine under LC6.7.6

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Tue Oct 20 16:50:40 EDT 2015

On 10/20/2015 3:00 PM, Mark Waddingham wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> Can you file a bug report about this?
>
> There was a little churn in the s/b between .6 and .7.
>
> One thing to check is you use savingStandalone or standaloneSaved messages. These have caused problems in the past and subtle changes in the s/b has usually triggered them.
>
> Warmest Regards,
>
> Mark

Mark,

Thank you so much! With out your tip above, we could have spent
ridiculous numbers of hours troubleshooting this.

We have BOTH savingStandalone or standaloneSaved messages in the App. As
a quick test, I commented both handlers out and it builds find under LC
6.7.8rc1. We can now try to narrow down WHAT in those handlers causes
the build to fail under 677 and 678r1 but works under 676. It may take a
day or 2 to file a bug report and sample stack, but at least now we know
what to look at.

-- Paul