Quicktime in Windows 10?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Oct 19 18:54:48 EDT 2015

Peter Bogdanoff wrote:
> Yes, however my audio playback uses callbacks for interactivity—probably not available with Windows media playback?

Does Apple's CoreAV provide callbacks?  Does the Win media player API?

I had thought (perhaps mistakenly) that LC's timers in the
post-QuickTime world were implemented within the engine using the
equivalent of timers, no?

If currentTime is still working you should be able to script a
workaround with timers easily enough.  The polling required is less
efficient, but under the current plan I don't expect to see media
playback for Win or Linux overhauled for at least another year, if not
longer, so we need to explore other solutions for now.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems