Quicktime in Windows 10?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Oct 19 18:23:01 EDT 2015

Peter Bogdanoff wrote:
 > If QT stops working, I am dead in the water for my projects, the
 > major one that requires interoperability among OSX and all modern
 > versions of Windows for a classroom of college students—it has to
 > work for all of them, or it’s $ refunds back to all.
 >
 > But this danger goes away if LC suddenly, magically produces a player
 > widget, and LC8 is good to go. I haven’t tested LC8 much, because
 > without the universal player control I can’t use it.

LC8 is down the road, and since QuickTime is already abandonware it may
be better to focus on the here-and-now so you have have a solution in
your hands today if possible:

What problems have you encountered using players on Windows without
QuickTime?

The team patched a few bugs in their Windows media playback a few
versions back, so if you haven't tried it recently you may be pleasantly
surprised.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems