function for greatest object in list less than or equal to a value

Craig Newman dunbarx at aol.com
Wed Oct 14 18:27:15 EDT 2015

Hi.

The param "3" would be added to the list. The sorted list would be:
"2,3,4". When the itemOffset finds the "3", the item just before it would be "2". That is how it works. To find the item just before itemOffset does.

This is faster than any of the "repeat for each..." variants I have seen here. The reason, as I stated earlier as an uninformed opinion, is that the low-level "sort" routine beats the high-level "repeat" routine.

Craig

Sent from my iPhone