Learning Materials

William Prothero prothero at earthednet.org
Wed Oct 14 15:41:44 EDT 2015

Richard: I have cc’d this to Max.

Max: Your Wiki site looks really great and could become a very valuable community documentation resource. What we’re thinking, in this thread, is that as a long term investment it would be more optimum to host the wiki on a site that has no (or much less) advertising and has a facility for exporting the wiki to other servers if needed in the future. After all, we hope Livecode lives on after we all exit the scene.

Richard Gaskin has offered to host the wiki on his server, with a unique domain at no cost to us. I think this could become an incredible resource. The thread on this topic has some ideas about various levels of documentation, running from simple command documents to  “how to” segments on doing specific tasks in livecode, to links to the Livecode lessons site for more complete app building cookbook type resources.

If you are interested, please contact Richard Gaskin and see if this appeals to you, or is even possible from the Wikia site.

Your wiki site has wonderful potential. Here’s hoping it gets lots of community input.

Best,
Bill Prothero

William A. Prothero
http://es.earthednet.org/