Mouse events outside stack bounds on mobile

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Oct 11 17:34:25 EDT 2015

On 10/11/2015 1:53 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> On the desktop we handle all possible sizes with resizeStack handlers.
> When would a developer not apply the same loving care to their mobile
> layout?

Colin is spot on. If you choose the right fullscreenMode and set up your
layout appropriately you don't need any resizeStack handler at all. It
works beautifully and it's all automatic. All the controls are scaled,
placed correctly, and even the text size updates proportionally. For me,
this is the most important improvement to mobile deployment that LC has
done.

I think Colin was a little too reserved though, and that if carefully
planned, even a screen full of database fields would scale just fine as
long as you restrain the content area to the appropriate part of the
screen. There's little difference really between the "playable area" of
a game and the "working area" of a data card.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com