Mouse events outside stack bounds on mobile

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Oct 11 14:53:35 EDT 2015

J. Landman Gay wrote:

 > On 10/11/2015 9:02 AM, Roger Eller wrote:
 >> If showAll works properly on other mobile devices, but "in
 >> particular" fails on Android, it is a bug.  Workarounds are
 >> fine, but bugs still need to be addressed.
 >
 > I probably wasn't clear. ShowAll works (or rather, doesn't work) the
 > same way on both iOS and Android though I think it's still a bug. But
 > I've hit lots of other bugs that do only affect Android, mostly with
 > image redraws and visual effects which are significantly broken on
 > Android, and I need to submit reports about those.

Help me understand something:  when is showAll useful?

I can appreciate the ease for quickie builds during early-stage
development, but sooner or later the app will (hopefully) be released
into a world in which device resolutions, sizes, and ratios can't be
known in advance.

On the desktop we handle all possible sizes with resizeStack handlers.
When would a developer not apply the same loving care to their mobile
layout?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems