How to access the text of an option btn before menuPick?

dunbarx at aol.com dunbarx at aol.com
Fri Oct 9 14:23:01 EDT 2015

Tiemo.

OK, I read "show the user the full content of the text lines..."

as all lines, not just the one that is "current" within the opened combo.

Anyway, it appears that no messages at all are sent while the mouse is down and the comboBox is "open". No mouseMove, no mousStillDown. Nada.

So I am with Bob on this to an extent, in that another control is needed if you want to keep the combo as a desirable object on screen. Try this. Make a combo and a list field. In the card script:

on mouseMove
   if the mouseLoc is within the rect of btn 1 or the mouseLoc is within the rect of fld 1 then
      put btn 1 into fld 1
      show fld 1
   else hide fld 1
end mouseMove

Now this needs a bit of work, but maybe it is a start?

Craig