Livecode Licence Rules for dummies ....

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 09:28:31 EST 2015

If I recall correctly,  5.5 was of the "you own it forever" versions of LC,
rather than the newer "it expired, so if ya wanna keep using LC (the dev
environment) you gotta pay again" version.  With the newer license set,
again If I Recall Correctly, zny apps you've already written (if you were
to use the newer version) are still functional out in the wild, but if you
wanted to modify/adjust/improve and your newer license had expired, you
couldn't do so without paying.  If you wish to "give away free" and don't
mind sharing your code, the community version is of course available.