Livecode Licence Rules for dummies ....

Francis Nugent Dixon effendi at wanadoo.fr
Sat Nov 14 06:56:23 EST 2015

Hi from Beautiful Brittany,

I have a « Terms of Use » problem with LiveCode.

I bought into Livecode  several years ago, using it every day for my private use.
I have stopped buying the new versions of LiveCode as they become available,
because I am happy with 5.5, I can’t afford to upgrade, and I never wished to
sell my apps !.
I wrote a personal Family Tree program for free distribution to my family members.
It can only be used by members of my family.
I am now confused with the terms of sale of the various LiveCode licences.
Life is becoming complicated.

1 - Am I allowed to GIVE, for no financial gain, my 5.5 developed Family Tree program,
or any silly games I have created, to other members of the family or my friends ?
2 - What can I do, and NOT do with my 5.5 liveCode ? What are the 5.5 licence rules ?
3 - My Son-in-Law works for a company who use a dictionary of terms used in the
automobile industry, in four languages, which is impossible to learn. I wrote an application
to make available the references of all of the terms in a rapid user-friendly display.
Can I GIVE this application to my Son-in-Law  for his own personal use ?
4 - If I want to make available a free version of this application to other members of the
company where my son-in-law works, under what conditions may I do this ?
5 - If I buy a business version of LiveCode and SELL the application to my sons company
(because they will love it), what happens after the expiration of my licence.
Can the company still use the application ?

Sorry to bother you with these questions, but even with my high IQ, I can’t understand your
licence rules, especially as they have been much modified since I BOUGHT 5.5 quite some time ago.
You may address any answers to my e-mail, but I honestly think that they will interest
the LiveCode community.

Best Regards

-Francis

« Nothing should ever be done for the first time ! »