Vector Images and the SVGL stack

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 04:00:31 EST 2015

Hi All,

Many Thanks for your kind words, but remember that
this is just an updated version of Ian McPhail's stack
SVGL: http://livecodeshare.runrev.com/stack/112/SVGL

I posted a small update of SVGL (Not SVGL + Gradients)
in this forum thread:
http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25612&start=15

Please test this updated version of SVGL, importing first all included svg
within the included folder and import any other svg that you want, or
download them from OpenClipart.org

Send me your files that produce errors with SVGL 2015 rev01 to study and
produce code that allows to import them without errors.

Please, notice the following: Livecode vector graphics only use integer
(1,2,3,4,5...) for displaying graphics strokes (borders). This limitation
could be a barrier to import and display faithfully many professional
illustrations created or exported to SVG format.

A better option for LC8 developers will be to use the widget architecture
that could render an display exactly any imported SVG...
but for LC7 users and developers, SVGL still is our best choice.

As explained by Mark Waddingham:
"Actually, the first task I set Ian (one of our engineers) to do when
he first joined was to first write something which converted a
simple language I had designed ('SVGL') into vector graphic objects;
and then write an SVG -> SVGL converter."
http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-livecode/2015-October/220199.html

In another message thread, Mark Waddingham explained really well
the issues around importing and displaying SVG:
http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-livecode/2015-October/220198.html
Hopefully, LiveCode will provide an option in the IDE to open a SVG editor
to edit any svg displayed in the stack.

Again, many thanks for keeping alive your interest in this topic!
Have a nice day!

Alejandro