Vector Images and the SVGL stack

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Nov 9 17:34:37 EST 2015

Unless I misunderstand what Alejandro is doing, his work is able to run
in v7 and earlier because it translates SVG elements into LC graphics.
  He does a very good job of it, but SVG includes primitives beyond what
LC offers.

We have ovals, lines, polygons, roundRects, and rects, but SVG also
allows paths that can consist of straight lines, curves, and even Beiziers.

At a fixed size it's possible to use polygons for nicely-rendered
emulation of SVG paths, as Alejandro has done, but at higher resolution
(such as when printing) or if resized sufficiently large, any emulated
path using elements not found in LC will show some jagged edges where
true SVG rendering will remain smooth at any resolution.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems