Livecode all around the world

Sri sritcp at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 15:28:00 EST 2015

RH wrote
> I would not go further then that, just replacing word by word. But I
> wonder
> how that would sound in German for example: "put x into button y" -  "Lege
> x in Knopf y"? Too funny. There is no equivalent even for a simple word
> such as "put" or "button" which would give exactly the same idea.

I mean a 1 to 1 correspondence but not word for word. It can be a camelCase
phrase (as long as it needs to be to make sense) for word. Of course, it
would still be "unnatural" language approach! But, it might be better than
"English or nothing" option. Some languages are going to lend themselves
better than others, but imagine if we have this option in Mandarin, Spanish,
Portuguese, and Hindi. If even a small fraction of non-English speakers from
those milieus are tempted to give LiveCode a try, it would be worth it.
Remember, at any time they can click a button and the entire script appears
in English. Since no one (no programmer, that is) is completely
English-ignorant, switching back and forth will facilitate learning and
using the language and eventually switching to English script.

Regards,
Sri