Call for LiveCode projects: LiveCode and Science at MozFest this weekend.

Matt Maier blueback09 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 12:37:10 EST 2015

The focus is on a general purpose framework for modeling many orthogonal
dimensions of information using entities and relationships. When the model
is built correctly the information in it can be queried to produce many
useful things, a subset of which are visuals like business/network graphs.
But for my goal I won't have a use for business graphs any time soon, so
the stuff I'm writing to display graph data is just networks.

Livecode makes it relatively easy to draw stuff on the screen, so one of
the things I'd like to give back to the community is a standardized
interface for pushing graph data into a control and getting back queries
for new data. I'm a new, self-taught coder and I didn't have all that much
trouble implementing an array with graph data and several algorithms for
processing it. Therefore I conclude that it should be pretty straight
forward to implement all of the common expectations of a graphing library
in Livecode. Whether or not it is memory efficient and/or scales at all
well is a different question :)