AW: AW: How do you handle the poor performance of LC 7?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat May 30 17:06:22 EDT 2015

Mark Wieder wrote:
 > The problem is that "pretty good" isn't good enough for LiveCode
 > positioning itself in the marketplace, and that bodes ill for all
 > of us who hope for its continued existence. We old-timers are more
 > willing to accept some of the flaws, the degradations in performance,
 > the long-standing bugs, the lack of features, etc. Folks
 > investigating LC as a development platform won't be as forgiving.

I'd like to live in an ideal world too.  I just recognize the world
we're in.

And thankfully, warts and all, none of the issues with LiveCode are
preventing Trevor, myself, and many others from shipping products made
with it.

 >> If moving into the present with LiveCode 7 seems like a lot of work,
 >> talk to Python 2 fans migrating their code to Python 3. ;)
 >
 > Heh. Yeah. Python is quite particular about versions. I've had to
 > move my code to Python 3.3, not just 3.2 any more, because there
 > were too many incompatibilities.

Exactly - warts and all, that hasn't stopped a good many people from
using Python.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems