OT: where to find a tutorial about putting up a web site at on-rev

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.org
Thu May 7 17:52:32 EDT 2015

Graham Samuel said:
> I haven't had much luck getting info out of on-rev, and I know they've had their problems, so I'm looking to this list for a source of advice even though it's OT. Quite simply I'm trying to upload some simple web pages that worked fine on another hosting system to my on-rev space. I can get into my cPanel and create folders etc but I just don't seem to be able to understand how to configure my bit of on-rev (it's diesel actually) to allow direct ftp to the public_html folder: or perhaps that's not what I am supposed to be doing.

If you're looking for advice, I'd say "Don't do it". Find another
provider. Go somewhere else.

on-rev has provided:
No email for over a week.
Can't send email using my normal accounts.
Can't get *any* response from on-rev (I suspect my emails are being
ignored because they don't come from my registered email account, which
is of course on on-rev and so unusable).
(oh - and the status page says everything is OK !!)

The complete lack of usable email is probably the worst thing. But the
fact that of my non-trivial websites
  - 2 are working (not sure if they are entirely up to date)
  - 1 is showing 2-year old data, and some things are not working quite
right
  - 3 are just unavailable

-- Alex.