Unicode

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Wed May 6 14:45:14 EDT 2015

Interesting, thanks Mark.

In case any database developers are interested, it seems that the SQLite
upper() and lower() functions only work with ASCII characters as does
COLLATE NOCASE so at least Livecode is ahead of SQLite.  It is possible to
write your own collation handlers for SQLite but wouldn't have any idea
where to start with something like that.

I often use COLLATE NOCASE along with a UNIQUE constraint in my databases
to guarantee the uniqueness of a column's values no matter what case; I
guess I'll have to be sure no non-ASCII language users are involved in the
future!

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>