Unicode

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Wed May 6 03:42:00 EDT 2015

On 2015-05-06 01:53, Peter Haworth wrote:
> Right, this is where I get confused on the issue of whether there are
> uppercase equivalents of all lowercase glyphs in all languages.  The
> link
> you provided sheds light on this

The Greek alphabet does have upper and lower case variants. However, in
the case of typing 'qwerty' and 'QWERTY' using a Greek keyboard layout
then you get the strings:
   qwerty = ;ςερτυ
and
   QWERTY = :΅ΕΡΤΥ

Which (by virtue of the punctuation and the terminal sigma on q and w)
are definitely not the same when compared caselessly ;)

Mark.

i.e. Don't assume that shift-<letter> gives you an uppercase version of
<letter> in any keyboard layout.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps