[OT] False timeout error after URL retrieval

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Tue May 5 15:39:36 EDT 2015

On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 3:25 PM, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>
wrote:

> On 5/5/2015 1:21 PM, Trevor DeVore wrote:
>
>> Jacque,
>>
>> It sounds to me that the server is sending back an incorrect content
>> length
>> header for the data that is being sent to LiveCode. LiveCode maybe waiting
>> for more data that is never going to arrive. Try comparing the actual
>> length of the data to the content length value in the header and see if
>> they match.
>>

> What a good idea. I looked at the headers and there is no content-length
> included at all. Do we need one?

I would think so. You would need one to determine the percentage of the
file you've downloaded. Looking at the RFC doc for message length if you
don't have the content-length then in your case you would need to be using
a different transfer encoding or the server has to close the connection to
terminate the file transfer. Can you show an example header?

http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec4.html#sec4.4

--
Trevor DeVore
ScreenSteps