GitHub starter guide?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri May 1 20:30:33 EDT 2015

Colin Holgate wrote:

 > For just going there and downloading source, I think it can be easy,
 > go to the URL, click the download zip button.
 >
 > For signing up, and getting the rights to submit things, it’s harder.
 > This may be a good starting point:
 >
 > https://help.github.com/articles/set-up-git/
<https://help.github.com/articles/set-up-git/>

 > It does involve command line things.

Thanks.

So it seems one can't use the web site as a repository without first
installing a command line app.  I suppose that's a good filter to keep
less serious people from just using it as a file store. :)

I'll see if I can put on a few more IQ points and give it a try.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems