Repeat ... kind'a

Terry Dennis tedennis at softwaredetails.com
Fri May 1 00:03:02 EDT 2015

Craig Newman: re: I would cringe if I saw someone using a reserved word as a variable, and blanch if that word was as deep and embedded as "true". You are lucky the machine did not explode.

What the heck are you talking about?

It was a TEST script created to show the glitch.  My real script looked nothing like that.

“true” was not being used as a variable.

“If true = true then” yields the same result as saying “if true then”.  It creates an unconditional fall-through.  I do the same kind of thing to “comment out” entire blocks of code with “if false then ... end if”.  Why do I do that?  Because I don’t like having to actually comment out entire blocks of code in the script.  LC’s script editor has a problem with drag-select.  Sometimes it gets “stuck” and will scroll all the way to the bottom of the script with no way to stop it.

You code your way, I’ll code mine.

But, I won’t judge your techniques, ‘k?