Menu Builder and submenues

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 18:20:53 EDT 2015

On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 11:10 AM, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>
wrote:

> Whatever follows the slash will become the keyboard shortcut. Whatever
> follows the pipe will be the "label" of the menu, so that you can localize
> the menus without changing their actual names. That way the scripts will
> always work but the user will see their own language.

it also lets me use oneWord constrictions for passed argument (passing
spaces still scares me after all these years; I don't even allow staff to
use punctuation other than . and _ in filenames . . .)

 But why is menubuilder gratuitously adding the slashes when there is no
accelerator?

> You can omit both the slash and the pipe, and provide only the menu name.
> You can provide a menu name and a slash-shortcut without the pipe. But if
> you want the pipe label, the slash has to be there as a place holder --
> which is the case in your example. The examples indicate no keyboard
> shortcuts but do have labels. But since the labels are the same as the
> names in this case, you could omit both the extra indicators.

But what should the passed argument be?  I'm getting both the menu *and*
the submenu passed to the handler, separated by a pipe.
Thanks

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462