Release 6.7.4 RC 2 / 7.0.4 RC 2

Terence Heaford t.heaford at icloud.com
Fri Mar 20 03:43:48 EDT 2015

> On 19 Mar 2015, at 21:24, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:
>
> While I do volunteer some of my time helping to steward issues like yours through the bug system, it turns out that I don't actually run their company. :)
>
> More relevant might be a comment from someone who works there, such as this note posted shortly after mine from Sébastien:
>
>    Hi Terence,
>
>    LiveCode 7.0.4 RC 1 was already built, and under test, at
>    the time the  bug fix for the printing issue was made.
>
>    It will be in 7.0.4 RC 2, which should come soon, next week.
>
>    Regard,
>
>    Sébastien Nouat
>    LiveCode Development Team
>

> I haven't read the Release Notes for the RC2 build so I don't know why it was released with a merge of smaller scope than originally anticipated.
>
> Perhaps Sébastien or someone else who works there may be able to provide more insight on that.

I am not sure how anyone requiring to print a portion of a card and running a Mac on Yosemite (not sure if any other systems are affected) can even consider migrating to LC 7 when such a fundamental feature is unavailable.

I wouldn’t call this a bug, I would call it that LC 7 is not fit for purpose. You certainly cannot call LC 7.0.0 and LC 7.0.1 and LC 7.0.3 stable.

If stable mean it doesn’t crash because printing part of a card is missing then that’s OK.

Perhaps the next release there will be no fields and because it doesn’t crash it’s OK to call it stable and the release after it will only have three wheels instead of four, it doesn’t crash so it is stable.

Terry