LC7 & Unicode

TEDennis tedennis at softwaredetails.com
Tue Mar 17 10:55:31 EDT 2015

Kay C Lan: Well, I'm glad you got that off your chest.  Feel better?

It seems you have an emotional tie to somebody or something at RunRev.  It
could simply be that your years of Revolution/LiveCode usage has created a
strong loyalty.  Whatever ...  It's likely your view is somewhat biased
towards the positive.

re: I've never seen so much time and effort put into improving LC than has
occurred since the success of the Kick Starter campaign.

I sure hoped that would be the case, and that's why I donated to the KS
campaign.  I have been using Rev/LC since 2007.  It has great potential, and
I want to see that potential realized.  Not just for myself in my own
post-career software projects, but for newbies just dipping their toes into
the very complex world of software development.  LC8 *should* prepare the
way for a more robust ... and STABLE ... product.

re: Apple wouldn't let such a performance hit get past the design phase
would they - unless of course you call it Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks or
Yosemite.

Your comparison of the relative complexities of LC's application development
platform and Apple's full blown operating system is almost comical.  But,
that discussion is beyond the scope of this forum.

I am, and will continue to be, a supporter of this company and its goals.
But, that doesn't mean I have to sit by quietly and let issues that affected
an entire user community go by with nary a comment.

And there you have it.

TED