Interfacing with web services - advice needed

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Mon Mar 16 16:59:43 EDT 2015

Graham,

Here are some links to notes I use in my class for introducing students to the concept of web services in general and for how to access them in LiveCode. They’re written assuming no prior knowledge of web services. You may find something of interest.

Intro to Web Services Lesson Outline: http://livecode.byu.edu/internet/webServicesintro.php

Connecting to Web Services in LC: http://livecode.byu.edu/internet/webServices.php

Implementing a RESTful web service using GET—a case study: http://livecode.byu.edu/internet/getMethodSteps.php

Finally a couple of BRIEF intros to JSON and XML formatted data:
http://livecode.byu.edu/internet/json_intro.php
http://livecode.byu.edu/internet/intro_xml.php

HTH

Devin