WatchKit & AndroidWear

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Sun Mar 15 20:08:14 EDT 2015

On 16 Mar 2015, at 9:10 am, Roger Eller <roger.e.eller at sealedair.com> wrote:

> I look forward to hearing from Runtime Revolution on their plans of support
> for these new devices.

I hadn't looked at it until you're post prompted me... It doesn't look like it would be all that easy for LiveCode to support WatchKit as only UI resources are installed on the watch and the code runs on the phone. It would be feasible for them to come up with a way to script the extension but you would still need to do storyboards in Xcode and using the full engine for scripting a watch extension will bloat your app and given LC 7 is already much heavier it's probably better avoided. On the up side it doesn't look like there's anything stopping you building a watch app in Xcode then including it in your LC app.

Cheers

Monte
--
M E R Goulding