MasterLibrary Naming

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Mar 7 14:50:47 EST 2015

On 3/7/2015 12:06 PM, Michael Doub wrote:
> 1) should I remove the double underscores from the function and handlers
> names?

Yes. I find it distracting and hard to type.

> 2) should I remove the "get" from function names?

Not particularly. I do the same thing all the time. Almost all my stacks
have getPref and setPref handlers, and I've seen the same thing in some
widely used tools (I believe GLX does it if I remember right.) My
current project has many of these, it's a convention I've used for
almost 30 years.

And as mentioned, I almost never use "get" with these, I "put" them, so
the labels I've chosen read fine. I think this is a stylistic issue and
you should do whatever you want. Many others have come before you so you
are not alone.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com