Reordering cards?

Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Fri Jun 26 23:11:15 EDT 2015

Richmond:

"and, were there a reference book that was not just a reprint of the
Dictionary it would be a good thing."

Have you read the User Guide from cover to cover?

Page 207

7.1.2 Referring to objects by number
A control's number is its layer on the card, from back to front. A
card's number is its
position in the stack. A stack's number is the order of its creation in
the stack file. A main
stack's number is always zero.
You can refer to an object using its object type followed by its number.
For example, to
refer to the third-from-the-back field on a card, use the phrase field 3:
set the backgroundColor of field 3 to blue
To change the number of a card or control, change the Layer box in the
Size & Position
pane of the object's property inspector, or use the set command to
change the object's
layer property:
set the layer of field "Backmost" to 1
Tip: New objects are always created at the top layer. To refer to an
object you've just
created, use the ordinal last:
Tip: create button
set the name of last button to "My New Button"

-------

Now.. while "re-ordering" is not explicity addressed...I think anyone
with "half a brain" (I mostly run on 1/10th of a brain) would figure out
that "layer" is the key word

and then in the dictionary we have:

set the layer of the mouseControl to top -- bring to front
set the layer of last card button to 10
set the layer of player "Splash" to (the number of controls)

Use the layer property to change the tab order of controls, or to change
the order of cards within a stack.

so... true... documentation is not perfect (I would love to seem more
script examples);

but it's also not absent as you imply

BR