Do new Livecode 8 widgets work on mobile?

David Bovill david at viral.academy
Fri Jun 19 19:08:50 EDT 2015

Isn't it crazy that given how easy it is to edit and change / fix LiveCode
IDE stacks we are still waiting for the mothership to fix simple errors
like this instead of patching them and submitting fixes ourselves?

The code is:

on mouseUp
>    answer "What version of XCode do you have installed?" with "4.2 or
> earlier" and "4.3 or later"
>    if it contains 4.3 then
>       answer file "Select your XCode app bundle" with filter "APPL"
>       if it is not empty then
>          put "/Contents/Developer" after it
>       end if
>    else
>       answer folder "Please choose the developer root for your iOS 5.0 and
> above SDK"
>    end if
>    if it is not empty then
>       if *revIDEDeployIOSIsValidSDK*(it) then
>
> *         setIOSSdk it*
>>
>       else
>          answer error "The chosen folder is not a valid iOS SDK."
>       end if
>    end if
> end mouseUp

I can't find exactly where the "*setIOSSdk" *handler is. I guess the error
is in the revIDEDeployIOSIsValidSDK() function - which I can;t find either.
Any tips with regard to how to debug IDE errors - given the debugger seems
to get a bit flaky when debugging the IDE - checkpoints are not recognised?