[OT] What the *&^#$!#$ Just Happened - SPAM

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Mon Jun 8 15:34:57 EDT 2015

After getting anywhere from 50 up to 250 spam messages a day, even with
spam filtering enabled at Dream Host, I had enough and started using
cloud-based filtering provider PostLayer.  You set up groups of up to 5
email addresses, and for $15/year/group they filter all your incoming mail
and send you a daily summary that you can review for any mis-filtered
messages (you can configure their admin settings with white list and
wildcard domains).  You can click on any link in the summary to view a
mail message directly via the PostLayer system, or designate a message to
be delivered immediately.  I've used the service for just a couple of
months now, but I've been very happy with the results.

The occasional spam will slip through, and their docs acknowledge this,
but the amount of time I used to spend deleting unwanted mail has gone way
down.  For folks looking for another way to stop email spam, you might
want to give PostLayer a try.  They have a 30 day free trial period.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX/UI Design