AW: AW: How do you handle the poor performance of LC 7?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jun 3 23:38:30 EDT 2015

On 6/3/2015 7:53 PM, Dr. Hawkins wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 4:02 PM, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Script length may have something to do with the editor delays. It takes
>> more time to process text in v7.
>>
>> I'm currently converting a stack where no scripts are longer than a few
>> hundred lines (most are under 500) and I see no delays.
>>

> I have multiple scripts several thousand lines long.
>
> But the delays occur even when no processing is required (e.g., immediately
> after stack load)

The scripts still need to be processed on launch, if only so the engine
can see whether it needs to do anything. Opening a stack produces dozens
of event messages and the scripts need to be processed and interpreted
so that LC knows whether to execute any scripted responses.

Try opening a one-card stack with nothing but a single button and a
simple mouseUp handler. See if there's a difference.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com