Standalone Build Problem

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 14:16:43 EDT 2015

if I recall correctly, all you have to do is add substack to your
splashstack named "Data Grid Templates Dud"
Then, even if you do manual inclusions of everything else, the way toe
standalone builder works (or used to) it will still realize you need the
datagrid support stuff, and will include it.

I do seem to recall a version of LC that did NOT properly include the
required support, but I forget which version that was and under what
circumstances it occurred.

One moment, going to try it real quick with 7.0.5..

Ok, heres what I did (and it works)

Create my launcher stack.
Add a substack named "Data Grid Templates Dud"
Adjust the standalone settings to pick inclusions.  I added support for
sqlite and left everything else alone.
I added a button to let me pick an lc file and then "go stack <the chosen
stack file>"

Saved it, made a standalone, ran it, and chose a stack with a datagrid, and
it worked fine.

Then I chose a stack that uses an sqlite database and it worked fine too.

I did notice something weird.  I set up the stack, except for the button to
choose the file and saved the stack.
Then I added the button to pick a file and went directly to the standalone
build which then prompts for a stack save.  When I ran the standalone, the
button wasn't there as if the save didn't take.
I went back to lc, manually saved again (ctrl-s) then rebuilt and poof. It
worked.

I think there may be a bug in there somewhere.

I'm wondering when and how you are choosing to launch your stack?  Maybe
the request to go to the stack occurs before everything is done loading
with the splash stack?