AW: AW: How do you handle the poor performance of LC 7?

Dave Kilroy dave at applicationinsight.com
Mon Jun 1 17:38:15 EDT 2015

This is not to say that the solution for people suffering with a 'bad
relationship between their computer and v7' is restarts like I describe -
that works for me and I'm sure that people suffering multiple
crashes/freezes have tried this and many other 'solutions'

I have no idea why some people seem to get on ok with v7 and others don't -
and hope RunRev manage to figure out what is going on...

Kind regards

Dave

Dave Kilroy wrote
> Sounds roughly the same - I've learnt that as soon as v7 seems unhappy the
> best thing is to quit and restart - but it only goes wonky for me
> following an error brought on by my code and is ok the rest of the time
>
> However, I've seen other people suffering with it in ways you mention...
> :(
>

> Dr. Hawkins wrote
>> "becomes" sluggish????
>>
>> Mine *starts* with a 2s or so delay to switch panes in the editor . . .
>>

>>> (when this happens I quit and restart LiveCode and everything is
>>> fine) - but apart from that I can't remember the last time the IDE
>>> crashed/froze on me. It starts very quick on my systems (Yosemite &
>>> Win7) -
>>> but not quite as quick as older versions...
>>>

>> I get at least a couple of IDE crashes on any given day of writing.
>> Sometimes, I can see it becoming less stable (e.g., when clicking for red
>> dots reads 2-4 lines off) and quit.
>>

>> --
>> Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
>> (702) 508-8462

-----
"The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein