AW: AW: How do you handle the poor performance of LC 7?

Dave Kilroy dave at applicationinsight.com
Mon Jun 1 17:31:20 EDT 2015

Sounds roughly the same - I've learnt that as soon as v7 seems unhappy the
best thing is to quit and restart - but it only goes wonky for me following
an error brought on by my code and is ok the rest of the time

However, I've seen other people suffering with it in ways you mention... :(

Dr. Hawkins wrote
> "becomes" sluggish????
>
> Mine *starts* with a 2s or so delay to switch panes in the editor . . .
>

>> (when this happens I quit and restart LiveCode and everything is
>> fine) - but apart from that I can't remember the last time the IDE
>> crashed/froze on me. It starts very quick on my systems (Yosemite & Win7)
>> -
>> but not quite as quick as older versions...
>>

> I get at least a couple of IDE crashes on any given day of writing.
> Sometimes, I can see it becoming less stable (e.g., when clicking for red
> dots reads 2-4 lines off) and quit.
>

> --
> Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
> (702) 508-8462

-----
"The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein