How do you handle the poor performance of LC 7?

Peter TB Brett peter.brett at livecode.com
Mon Jun 1 09:16:19 EDT 2015

On 2015-06-01 13:54, Dave Kilroy wrote:
> Thanks for the confirmation Peter
>
> To get through the iOS App Store I need a commercial version of
> LiveCode, so
> can you give us a rough date of when a commercial version of v8 will be
> released? I'm not after a definite date but something I can use to help
> me
> decide...

Unless some major showstopper problems are encountered, there will be
commercial builds of the next release of LiveCode 8.  That'll be in the
next couple of weeks.

> If an approximate release date is either unknown or too far in the
> future to
> be contemplated then can you assure us that we could develop in v8 and
> - as
> long as no widgets etc were used - build standalones with v7?

The LiveCode 8 IDE and engine will automatically save stacks in the v8
format if any widgets are used, and in the v7 format otherwise.

                                         Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com>
LiveCode Engine Development Team