setprop handlers for custom property sets

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Thu Jul 30 16:34:45 EDT 2015

Paul Dupuis <paul at ...> writes:

> The LC 6.7.5 dictionary entry for setProp has the following:
>
> If the custom property you want to control is in a custom property set,
> use array notation in the first line of the setProp handler, as in the
> following example:

Interesting. I do see that in the documentation, but I've never used that.
The way I've always dealt with custom property sets is to switch context:

set the customPropertySet of <object> to <name>
get the <property> of <object>
set the customPropertySet of <object> to empty

I think this makes for a cleaner, easier-to-read format anyway.

--
 Mark Wieder
 ahsoftware at gmail.com