Field loses its identity as a target

David Epstein dfepstein at comcast.net
Wed Jul 29 22:52:57 EDT 2015

Sorry, I see my long question appeared twice; my eMail reported it undelivered, so I tried again.

Thanks to Richard for his sound advice, and Jacqueline for the promising theory—promising because I have noticed that disabling locked fields with visible, non-3D borders does not make their borders gray, so that their enabled status is not clear if they contain no text.

But disabling does not seem to be the source of my problem, as I have inserted into my script, just before the point of failure, tests both for the existence and the enabled of the field whose identity has been lost.

I think it will be easier to circumvent this problem than to figure it out, but I will report back if I narrow it down.

David Epstein