parameterized query with wildcard

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Wed Jul 29 18:06:34 EDT 2015

Okay I see my confusion. I can use a statement like:

select * from customers where customername LIKE '%int%’

This works. It seems however that when using parameter substitution it does not. In sqlYoga I can use:

put sqlquery_createObject(“customers”) into qCustomerObject
put “customer name LIKE ‘%:1%’” into tConditions
put “int” into aBindings [1]
sqlquery_set qCustomerObject, “conditions”, tConditions
sqlquery_set qCustomerObject, “condition bindings”, aBindings
sqlquery_retrieveAsArray qCustomerObject, aCustomerData

This also works. I should also mention that my mail program *DOES* substitute plain quotes for smart ones. I am disabling that “feature” now.

Bob S