Char Set on Custom Properties

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Thu Jul 23 08:38:16 EDT 2015

LC 7 knows the difference between binary and text - this is retained when saving custom props (if you save in 7+ format).

The only rub is that for existing stacks in the old format custom props will be taken to be binary data (which auto converts to text assuming the native encoding). Thus you will need to still do the charset translation there for the props that are text. If you then textdecode that and set the property to the result and save in lc7 format then it will then be treated as text in future (so no charset translation is required in future).

Sent from my iPhone