New Indy License Pricing

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 00:49:42 EDT 2015

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 5:35 AM, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com>
wrote:

> Some talk about this like it's tennis shoes...
>
> Everyone needs shoes, but few have any interest at all in programming.
>
> But not every one needs Tennis shoes. When HyperCard came out I was
surprised and how many 'Tennis Players' came out of the woodwork ;-)

I'm with Kevin, I believe everyone CAN code.

> We can imagine all sorts of stuff.  I can dream up a world in which ...

Wrestling a similar situation with a stronghold of Luddites at a Club I'm a
member of. It has a website and a Wiki and members are continually
complaining that this is wrong or that is missing or something needs
updating. Well go ahead and fix it, it's a Wiki, you can do it. And then
all the excuses come out; the original author hasn't given me permission, I
don't want to tread on any ones toe's, I'm not an expert in the field -
someone with more knowledge should do it, there should be an approval
process, the Committee should oversee amendments, the Wiki will turn into a
pile of spaghetti, it will be anarchy, all will be lost, the world will
end...

Yet the Wiki has been there for over 5 years and no spaghetti, no anarchy,
no lost information. Just the few who always volunteer working against the
avalanche of complainers.

> Or we could just look at actual observable performance.

But why wreck a good conspiracy theory with fact ;-)