list field not getting arrowkey msg

Peter Brigham pmbrig at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 14:47:59 EDT 2015

Unfortunately, I still get nothing with "the hilitedlines of me" in the
field script. The arrowkey message is not going to the field.

Here's the arrowkey handler in the card script. This works fine but I don't
know why it should be necessary.

on arrowkey what
   put hilitedline of fld "notesList" into lineNbr
   put the number of lines of fld "notesList" into totNbr
   switch what
      case "left"
      case "right"
         pass arrowkey
         break
      case "up"
         if lineNbr = 1 then
            put totNbr into nextLineNbr
         else
            put lineNbr - 1 into nextLineNbr
         end if
         break
      case "down"
         if lineNbr = nextLineNbr then
            put 1 into nextLineNbr
         else
            put lineNbr + 1 into nextLineNbr
         end if
         break
   end switch
   set the hilitedline of fld "notesList" to nextLineNbr
   put line nextLineNbr of fld "notesList" into listEntry
   put getItem(listEntry, 1, tab) into noteTitle
   displayNote noteTitle
   pass arrowkey
end arrowkey

-- Peter