Odd behavior in Win8-I'm stuck fixing it, Help??

William Prothero prothero at earthednet.org
Fri Jul 17 16:48:50 EDT 2015

PS:
The app I am developing is targeted at high school and college introductory Earth Science classes and is focussed on getting a range of data that supports the theory of Plate Tectonics into student hands. These data support realistic scientific investigations and science writing. Some of these tools will be incorporated into future versions. The app is unique in that it allows easy access to a wide range of Earth data that otherwise students have to get from various other web sites, which takes away time they might spend on thinking about the meaning of the data. I have used a version of this software written in Adobe Director, in large introductory Earth Science courses at the University of California, Santa Barbara, to anchor science writing and peer review activities. My web site contains links to publications describing my activities.

This app will be free to all and I would love to have a few teachers who are willing to work with me on it.

If you are willing to look at the app and potentially use it in your classroom, I will inform you of new versions and future plans. Also, I will welcome (whether you are a teacher or now) suggestions and ideas for improvement.

Best regards,
Bill Prothero

William A. Prothero, Ph.D.
University of California, Santa Barbara Dept. of Earth Sciences (Emeritus)
Santa Barbara, CA. 93105
http://es.earthednet.org/
my new project link <http://earthednet.org/ptExplorer/Cover.html>