Livecode server at Dreamhost

Thomas von Fintel runrev at vonfintel.org
Wed Jul 15 13:25:29 EDT 2015

It seems I have a working setup.

Following Stephen's suggestion I reordered the files a bit. I'll try to make the description as detailed as possible. Maybe someone else could use this. (The numbers in brackets show permissions):

|- .htaccess (644)
|- lc (755)
    |- test.lc (644)
|- cgi-bin (775)
    |- .htaccess (644)
    |- livecode-server
        |- livecode-community-server (775)
        |- drivers (755)
            |- dbmysql.so (664)
            |- dbodbc.so (664)
            |- dbpostgresql.so (664)
            |- dbsqlite.so (664)
        |- externals (775)
            |- revdb.so (664)
            |- revxml.so (664)
            |- revzip.so (664)

The .htaccess file on root level contains:

Options +ExecCGI FollowSymLinks
AddHandler livecode-script .lc .irev
DirectoryIndex index.irev index.lc index.php index.html
Action livecode-script /cgi-bin/livecode-server/livecode-community-server

The .htaccess file in the cgi-bin folder:

Options ExecCGI
SetHandler cgi-script

If I put a ".cgi" after the server's name both in the .htaccess file and in the file name itself, the setup still works. But if I remove the .htaccess file in the cgi-bin folder I get an error no matter if there is a ".cgi" or not. I think it is actually this second .htaccess that makes the difference.

Thanks to you both
Thomas