Persona Login in Livecode embedded browser?

David Bovill david at viral.academy
Tue Jul 14 05:10:07 EDT 2015

I want to be able to login to a web site that uses Mozilla Persona using
Livecode Browser.

The problem I have is that the Persona login opens another frame, and when
I click on the login button in Livecode broswer I don't get any messages
sent I can trap for. The href="#" link on the persona-login-btn would
appear to be handled by a Javascript library.

This opens a new tab that handles the login, before this tab is closed and
the session cookie is set. It's hard to debug with all the jumping around,
but i don't really need to go into the details - what I need to do is be
able to get the Livecode browser to sign in - then I have the cookie and I
am good to go.

For that I need to handle the window opening and allow Persona to log me in
from Livecode browser.

Has anyone done this, or have any tips with regard to similar issues?

The only message I can get is:

browserBeforeNavigateFrame "1","
https://login.persona.org/communication_iframe"

NB - my aim is to grab the session cookie at the end of the login process
to enable me to make authenticated calls from Livecode to automate certain
interaction through http calls.