mySql to sqLite conversion

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Tue Jul 14 11:56:13 EDT 2015

On Jul 14, 2015, at 9:05 AM, Bob Sneidar <bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com> wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I came across this: http://livecode.byu.edu/database/mysql-sqliteExport.php
>
> Having a need to do this, I am wondering if this is done via a livecode stack, or some other way. If a livecode stack, is it something I can get access to? I am attempting an offline mode for my application as often I need to access my database in places that are strictly locked down. The idea would be to load a subset of the data I need before going onsite, then move that data to a temporary sqLite database, and sync back when I am done.

Bob,

It’s just a description of the manual process I have used to export a database from MySQL and import it into SQLite, compiled for the benefit of my students when they were learning about online vs. local database management systems. It’s not perfect, and I have no doubt that others out there have come up with better, more automated ways to do it.

Regards,

Devin

Devin Asay
Office of Digital Humanities