AW: Where to put on windows an option file accessable for all users?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Tue Jul 7 06:08:38 EDT 2015

Hi Peter,

hmmm, never thought about that it could be a design fault.

Beside real user based options I keep some general options in my option
file, like the path to video files, or a flag if the software should look
automatically for updates. If I think about schools, where different users
can log in the same computer, that’s why I wanted to keep one option file
for all users.
But if I follow your hint, I would have to split this option file into an
"admin-options-file", which is only accessible for the admin and a
"user-options-file", which is stored in the user files.
Would you agree to this approach or do you see a chance to keep a single
options file which works in multi-user environments as on a private
single-user computer?
Tiemo